Saturday, February 2, 2008

It comes and it goes

For years my faith has waxed and waned and I've never known why. One thing is for sure. My faith has always involved me pushing back other beliefs, practicing the presence of God as Brother Lawrence would say. No, I've never ever been a perfect Christian, but there have been long stretches when my every waking moment was fully dedicated to Christ and his kingdom. I can only really recall two crisis of faith. One was around 8 or 10 years ago and then there is the current one. All others have been insignificant. The questions that I ask in this blog have plagued me on and off for many years, I haven't been afraid to ask them of God, or even my fellow Christian friends, but I seldom get persuasive answers. God's wisdom is foolish to men. If that is the case then it's his fault, after all he wired us in a way that makes it difficult for us to understand him.

0 comments: