Saturday, February 2, 2008

Emotion

Emotion plays a huge part in my faith, even though I know it shouldn't. If I believe something I should just believe it regardless of emotions. I have to confess that if I don't feel that I believe in God then I just plain don't believe. I like the way I feel in church when they sing a song that moves me, but why don't they all move me? Maybe it's not God, but the notes and chords? Certainly instrumental music can move me, any decent movie score proves that.

2 comments:

Doubting Foo said...

Yeah, there is something enchanting about the echo of a grand old church...

Mike aka MonolithTMA said...

I love big open echoey places anyway. I've often thought it would be cool to build some sort of open air cathedral type place with no religious ties whatsoever.